Eggs are a good source of protein and also contain choline, a nutrient that helps make the neurotransmitter acetylcholine which plays a role in memory, mood, and brain and nervous system function.
1 tbsp olive oil
½ red onion, sliced thinly
2-3 cups of spinach, chopped (a few handfuls)
½ cup of marinated artichokes, chopped
1 roasted red pepper, diced and seeds removed (you can buy these already done or do it yourself in the oven)
½ cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat the broiler of your oven.
2. In a medium sized oven-safe frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until it softens. Add spinach and cook until softened, another 3 minutes or so.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and then pour over the softened veggies.
4. Wait a couple of minutes for the eggs to start to set on the bottom and top with the artichokes, roasted pepper, and crumbled goat cheese.
5.Place under the broiler and cook until the eggs are set, about 5-6 minutes but this may vary based on your broiler. Keep a close eye on it.
6. Serve and enjoy with your favourite whole grain bread.