Baked Lentil Bites
These lentil bites come together so easily and are perfect for a meatless main dish paired with some sweet potato fries and a salad. You can dip them in Greek yogurt or even Tzatziki would be great. The hemp hearts add additional plant-based protein and healthy fats. Sometimes I make this recipe into 4-5 patties for a vegetarian burger option.
1 can of lentils, drained and rinsed 1 egg ¼ cup of seasoned breadcrumbs ½ cup finely diced red pepper 2 tbsp. hemp hearts
1. In a food processor, lightly pulse the lentils until they are coarsely chopped but not pureed. Alternatively, you can use a fork or potato masher to break them down a bit.
2. Add the pulsed lentils and remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
3. Using a cooking scoop, scoop about 1 tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto a parchment lined baking tray.
4. Baked in a 400°F preheated over for 12-15 minutes or until they are lightly browned on the bottom.
5. Allow to cool a few minutes and enjoy.